Saturday, January 7, 2012

Serious Business


Bruce Cafferky of RBC Dominion Securities had me out doing some photos a while back.
He was looking for some photos that would stand out when used for his ads in some business publications. I had a vision of what I wanted to do and Bruce was keen. Even the weather was on our side.
The photos were taken over the course of a couple days. The first day was devoted to location shots of Bruce alone. I had scouted some locations that I thought would work for the assignment and since it wasn't raining, it all worked out.
Lugging around camera and lighting gear when using multiple locations is just becoming second nature now. But I have learned to trim as much from my gear bags as possible and just take what I might need. Unfortunately, this time of year there is often a good breeze so that means I have to carry sand bag weights for the light stands. No way around that...
 This photo above was just an experiment. I like the moodiness of it but it's probably not suitable for advertising.
Bruce also needed a group shot of himself with his team (first photo on page) and headshots. Above is Amelia, below is Bruce.


There were many more great photos from this shoot but they were kind of similar to some of these or others that I've posted in the past. I think I have actually left some of the best ones out. Oh well. You'll just have to check out my website to see them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment